POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Test against all objects? : Re: Test against all objects? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:11:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Test against all objects?
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 28 Jan 2002 21:26:20
Message: <chrishuff-7C0497.21282928012002@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3c55df2e$1@news.povray.org>,
 "RAY" <PCH### [at] mindspringcom> wrote:

> Is there a way to test a macro against an entire scene? I need this for a
> collision detection macro I am trying to make, my current method is to use
> trace() to find the distance from the center of the sphere and test that
> against the radius, is there a better way?  Thanks for your time.

There is no way to do that...the scene isn't yet complete when you make
the call, and may (and most likely does) depend on the results of the
call.
You could accomplish the desired result by tracing each individual
object, or by putting the objects in a union and using trace() on that.

TAG web site: http://tag.povray.org/