POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Radiosity : Re: Radiosity Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:24:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Radiosity
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 16 Nov 2002 11:34:50
Message: <chrishuff-769921.11341016112002@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3dd64018@news.povray.org>,
 "Andrew Coppin" <orp### [at] btinternetcom> wrote:

> So... in short, you can't use radiosity. (Unless it's on a scene where it
> won't make any real difference anyway.)

That is not even close to what he said. Radiosity-only lighting is a
very specific application of the radiosity feature, one which requires
very large amounts of processing power and careful tuning of settings.

Radiosity and ordinary lighting are not mutually exclusive, they are
complementary. Almost any scene can benefit from radiosity, in my
experience.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/