POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Let the rivers flow : Re: Let the rivers flow Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:26:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Let the rivers flow
From: Chris Huff
Date: 22 Jun 2000 10:55:58
Message: <chrishuff-68FCEF.10002222062000@news.povray.org>
In article <chrishuff-42F2AF.16585120062000@news.povray.org>, Chris
Huff <chr### [at] maccom> wrote:

> I will dig up the source and post it when I have a chance(an incoming
> severe thunderstorm may slow me down).

I apparently deleted the file while spring cleaning...fortunately, the
scene was pretty easy to duplicate. Posted in povray.text.scene-files as
"Flow.pov".

I might expand on this, adding water flow/spray effects, friction, etc,
but this demonstrates the basic technique. I used trace() because not
only the proximity but the direction is needed...eval_pattern() could
still be used, but you would have to use several calls of the function
to determine the general direction.

Personal Web page: http://chrishuff.dhs.org/
TAG Web page: http://tag.povray.org/