POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : function optimization question : Re: function optimization question Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:13:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: function optimization question
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 31 Mar 2002 15:21:37
Message: <chrishuff-5C9513.15223731032002@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3ca6f75f$1@news.povray.org>, "Jan Walzer" <jan### [at] lzernet>
wrote:

> No ... this is not what I meant ... I mean, that the prog, can modify itself
> in memory, to speedup execution ...

Well, what's stopping you? You would have to interface through the
ordinary POV-Script and write it to the disk in order to load it again,
but the result would be the same: dynamically generated code being
loaded into memory and executed. Just a bit roundabout, and a large
chunk of the required code would have to be written in POV-Script
instead of being done by the function engine. It would also be very
slow...
Hmm, maybe write a VM in POV-Script. ;-)

> ... or to make unreadable code ...

It would certainly do this well.

TAG web site: http://tag.povray.org/