POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : VRand_On_Object? : Re: VRand_On_Object? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:14:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: VRand_On_Object?
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 13 Feb 2002 19:27:57
Message: <chrishuff-5710E0.19274513022002@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3c6af3b5$1@news.povray.org>, "RAY" <PCH### [at] yahoocom>
wrote:

> I need a VRand_On_Object for an .inc project, but the best I've
> come up with so far is random traces at the object from in the bounding box
> (using VRand_In_Box an the object) is there a better way?

There really isn't any way to do it in POV-Script, you would have to
implement separate macros for each object. Shooting random rays at the
object should work for simple objects when you aren't too concerned
about an even distribution, though.
Are you sure you need it for an arbitrary object? If you could narrow it
down, it wouldn't be as big of a problem. For example, spheres, boxes,
cylinders, cones, and triangles would be easy.

TAG web site: http://tag.povray.org/