POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Crazy signitures : Re: Crazy signitures Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:19:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Crazy signitures
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 1 Oct 2002 13:11:24
Message: <chrishuff-476BDE.13084101102002@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3d99cb49@news.povray.org>,
 "Andrew Coppin" <orp### [at] btinternetcom> wrote:

> I think the very *existence* of the IOCCC is a statment about the mentality
> of C programmers... (Bloody weirdos!) I keep having these nightmares that
> one day I'll wake up and discover I've become a C programmer...

You are aware of the language POV-Ray is written in, aren't you? And
that probably the only group on this server with a higher concentration
of coders and patch writers is povray.unofficial.patches? ;-)

> (Of course, programming in Java can hardly be considered sane either! But
> it's mainly the class library that's bizzare, not the actuall language...)

I think C++ is an even better example. There you have an ugly library
*and* a language that you can do all sorts of bizzare stuff in.
Perl is more obfuscated in normal use, but you can't do as much. Either
one can be reduced to something that doesn't resemble anything
human-readable.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/