POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : How to make wood textures that look real? : Re: How to make wood textures that look real? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:17:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How to make wood textures that look real?
From: Chris Huff
Date: 31 Aug 2000 19:25:45
Message: <chrishuff-413A26.18272031082000@news.povray.org>
In article <39aedea3@news.povray.org>, "mr smith" <a### [at] acom> wrote:

> Can anyone tell me how to make wood textures that look real?  I have
> included a picture from pov-ray's web site.

As Warp mentioned, this is *not* a binary group.
Please read the messages "Where can I post my binary or text file?" by
Alan Kong and "Welcome To the POV-Ray News Groups" by Ken Tyler in
povray.announce.frequently-asked-questions. In fact, it would be a good
idea to read all of the messages in that group...there are only a few,
and all are important.

As for your question, have you looked at the wood textures and demo
files included with the POV-Ray distribution? Specifically, woods.inc,
woodbox.pov, and all the files in Scenes:incdemo:Woods:.
If you want more help, you are going to need to give more information
about what you want.

--
Christopher James Huff

<><