POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Automised visualization of a 'hasn't to be square' room : Re: Automised visualization of a 'hasn't to be square' room Server Time
26 Sep 2024 17:45:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Automised visualization of a 'hasn't to be square' room
From: Chris Huff
Date: 24 Dec 2000 09:44:49
Message: <chrishuff-367F16.09460324122000@news.povray.org>
In article <3A4### [at] homenl>, Remco Poelstra
<rjp### [at] homenl> wrote:

> 1. I used intersection{ to make the box out of the planes, but since I
> don't know where the planes are, I can't know when I have to do inverse,
> and when not, assuming that every wall will be at another side of 0,0,0
> , but even that isn't for sure.

If you don't know where the walls are, you have a problem...

> How can I easyly create a box when I have only 6 planes?

6 planes are all you need...
intersection {
    plane {y, 1}
    plane {-y, 1}
    plane {x, 1}
    plane {-x, 1}
    plane {z, 1}
    plane {-z, 1}
}
This will give you a box with 90 degree angles, you can adjust the
planes to do something different.

> 2. When I've the box created, how can I look "inside", to see what's
> going an? TonyB suggested to make the box out of triangles and take a
> few away, making a hole, but since I have only the 6 planes, I don't
> know how the convert them to triangles and take the right ones away.

Make a wall transparent, or put the camera inside the "room"...if the
"listener" wall shows the sound waves graphically, you can make it show
them on both sides...a more precise description of what you are
attempting would help.

--
Christopher James Huff

<><