POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : milky glass problem : Re: milky glass problem Server Time
29 Jul 2024 22:33:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: milky glass problem
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 26 Feb 2002 10:16:43
Message: <chrishuff-36626B.10163526022002@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3c7b48c6$1@news.povray.org>,

> > real world remotely like this. The closest thing would be an ior
> > variable over space, which POV is incapable of doing (and which would
>
> I don't care about IOR. I just want a thing like thick fog. However, same
> problem of course.

Then why are you trying to apply different interiors to individual
triangles? Just use a density pattern. POV is capable of rendering a
varying density media...it doesn't change the ray direction, so it
requires much less computing power.
Maybe you should give a better description of what you are trying to do.

TAG web site: http://tag.povray.org/