POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : function optimization question : Re: function optimization question Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:16:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: function optimization question
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 17 Mar 2002 11:00:36
Message: <chrishuff-2E48C6.11003017032002@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3c94681e@news.povray.org>, "Jan Walzer" <jan### [at] lzernet>
wrote:

> You mean, I should better read the doc ? There is a way ?

Are you just trying to be annoying?
Your argument: if flow control structures are added, it would be
possible to end up with endlessly iterating structures with no way to
output debug values.
There is currently no way to do it, but there currently aren't flow
control structures either. There is no reason a debug command couldn't
be added to functions, making your argument invalid.

I really don't think it is a problem anyway...you can make infinite
loops now, or do other things that take extremely long times to render.

TAG web site: http://tag.povray.org/