POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Text question : Re: Text question Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:27:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Text question
From: Chris Huff
Date: 17 Jan 2001 17:17:23
Message: <chrishuff-293951.17182617012001@news.povray.org>
In article <3a6613bd@news.povray.org>, "David Vincent-Jones"
<geo### [at] galaxynetcom> wrote:

> I had hoped to get text displayed as clear as normal screen text of a
> comparable size but I am getting just enough jaggies along the diagonal
> strokes to look as if the text is slightly out of focus.

I'm still not sure what you are doing...what is your text, exactly? A
text object, some other object, or a partly transparent image_map?
And I've never had "jaggies" make things look out of focus...are you
referring to the stairstepping of the pixels? Are you using antialiasing
and talking about the blending along these steps? Are you using focal
blur?
If you use an image map, try a text object or a higher resolution image
map, or try the various interpolation options. If you are using
antialiasing, turn it off or use higher quality settings, otherwise turn
it on. If you are using a text object, make sure it is very thin.

> I have now moved the text to be very close to the camera.. this helps a
> little but I would like to have attained the look of an instrument panel.

What effect exactly do you mean? A control on the screen, or an image of
a control panel in your scene?

--
Christopher James Huff

<><