POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : union of unions : Re: union of unions Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:14:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: union of unions
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 8 Sep 2002 21:04:01
Message: <chrishuff-179005.21032908092002@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3d7bd9c5$1@news.povray.org>, "Slime" <slm### [at] slimelandcom>
wrote:

> >   This is nitpicking, but IMHO it's easier to spot matching brackets when
> > they are in the same column
>
> I used to do this myself, and hated the other method... now, suddenly, I
> find myself doing it the other way in POV-Ray, and occasionally in other
> languages inside small if blocks.

I use the "{ at end of starting line" method in POV-Ray, Java, and
Sapphire, but I use the "{ on new line" method in C and C++. I haven't
really settled on one for Objective C, but the first method seems more
common in existing Objective C code.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/