POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Isosurface function: rippled box : Re: Isosurface function: rippled box Server Time
29 Jul 2024 22:30:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Isosurface function: rippled box
From: Chris Huff
Date: 13 Oct 2000 10:29:44
Message: <chrishuff-02AF16.09322213102000@news.povray.org>
In article <39e70212@news.povray.org>, "ian" <ian### [at] aolcom>
wrote:

> The problem is that the pool of water is not evenly shaped, and needs
> to refract light properly. It is a set of loop-stacked cylinders
> inside a slightly larger vessel of the same shape. It is currently
> solid with a media interior.

What I meant was that you don't need a box function for this, you can
use a simpler plane function(you can't get much simpler than "y") in the
CSG, because only the top surface has waves. Perhaps I misunderstood
what you were asking about, but I thought you wanted a box function with
a displacement.

(I just had an interesting idea: a spherical or toroidal swimming pool,
in a large room aboard a spacecraft, held in place in the center by air
jets and magnetic fields, but otherwise free of support. What do you
think?)

--
Christopher James Huff

<><