POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Need Help with Noise Macro! : Re: Need Help with Noise Macro! Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:13:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Need Help with Noise Macro!
From: Chris Huff
Date: 8 Jan 2001 21:14:35
Message: <chrishuff-011AF0.21161208012001@news.povray.org>
In article <3a5a5aec@news.povray.org>, "Lonnie Ezell"
<kil### [at] homecom> wrote:

> I've got what I believe should be a working POV macro for Perlin noise (2D
> only, currently). After fixing a number of typographical errors, it now
> crashes whenever I try to use it.

Well, not an answer to your quesion, but MegaPOV has the noise3d()
function available in ordinary scene code. This is the same function
that is used for the bozo pattern, and may do what you want.
MegaPOV is available here: http://nathan.kopp.com/patched.htm

> I was wondering if someone would be willing to look at the code for me.

You'll have to post it for anyone to do that... ;-)

--
Christopher James Huff

<><