POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : format of hf_gray_16 .bmp files? : format of hf_gray_16 .bmp files? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:31:13 EDT (-0400)
  format of hf_gray_16 .bmp files?
From: Ralph Smith
Date: 7 Jul 2005 01:23:44
Message: <amepc191ufv40289ocd45u5qragqrhrm1j@4ax.com>
I generated a test gray-level image with hf_gray_16. This created a "image.bmp" file.
The
documentation says that this is a "special 16 bit grayscale". I looked into this file
and it seems
to be really an 8-bit file with all of the r-g-b values equal for each pixel. Is that
indeed the
format of these files? I want to write some c++ code to generate these height field
files that
povray can use.

thanks,
Ralph