POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : POVRay and XML : Re: POVRay and XML Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:21:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POVRay and XML
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 3 Jan 2005 08:48:38
Message: <Xns95D396A9CFF08jgrimbertmeandmyself@203.29.75.35>

> Another point made by Bernd and he is right that Povray SDL indeed needs
> more features to be implemented, I very much support his idea about
> 1.Namespaces
> 2.Classes and inheritance
> 3.References
> So you see closer to C++ cooler:)

Could you elaborate on the 'need' and 'use' of such additional features.
(named Namespaces has been illustrated in this thread, but what about the
others ?)

I can hardly understand the need of 'named Namespace' feature for a 3D-
rendering program (put aside the Variable programming of the SDL, which
allow to perform symbolic computation in the SDL rather than on the user-
table), but the 'Classes & Inheritance' as well as 'Reference' really
trigger nothing in my poor head. So please, bring me some lights on these
subjects.

--

l'habillement, les chaussures que le maquillage et les accessoires.