POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : POVRay and XML : Re: POVRay and XML Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:34:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POVRay and XML
From: ingo
Date: 1 Jan 2005 14:22:43
Message: <Xns95D1CF4D9F7BDseed7@news.povray.org>
in news:41d6b8d7$1@news.povray.org Bernd Fuhrmann wrote:

>> I tried writing one in Python, but gave up due to severe lack of
>> skills.
>
> With the right help this is possible. Are you interested in anything
> like this? Write me an email.

I'm interested in a POV-Ray parser, but I have no time to work on anything
like that at the moment. And, I've set my hopes on POV-Ray 4, let it come
with a libpovparse, libpovwrite (so we can have decent and uniform output
from modellers), libpovNURBSs, libpovspline, .... (dream on).

>> Once you have a POV-parser (with a liberal enough licence and with
>> some API or bindings or ...)
> Is (L)GPL ok?

Nope, BSD/MIT or Public Domain.

Ingo