POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : IHow do i squirl an Object? : Re: IHow do i squirl an Object? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:26:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: IHow do i squirl an Object?
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 26 Jul 2004 03:43:15
Message: <Xns953262E331B0Cjgrimbertmeandmyself@203.29.75.35>

> Difficult to explain without images ;-)
>
> Please have a look at
> http://rustedtech.homelinux.net/fileadmin/Files/Twisting.png (only
> 3.9kB). This is an ontop view of my needs.
>
> What i am searching for is a function to bend from the inner circle to
> the outer circle, not along an axis (what makes "bend.inc"
> inkompatible for my needs).
>
> Has anyone got an idea how i can do this, or, even better, a macro?

With a mesh, you could get some inspiration for a patch looking at
http://jgrimbert.free.fr/pov/patch/tessel/index.html

beware: Site is in french, and provided code is for 3.1g!

Looks like "roll" is what you might be looking for.

--

l'habillement, les chaussures que le maquillage et les accessoires.