POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Request help with alpha test of "BigPatch" macro : Re: Request help with alpha test of "BigPatch" macro Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:22:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Request help with alpha test of "BigPatch" macro
From: Tor Olav Kristensen
Date: 28 Mar 2003 22:20:58
Message: <Xns934D2C76E92DAtorolavkhotmailcom@204.213.191.226>
"Will W" <wil### [at] NOSPAMwizzardsnet> wrote in news:3e83fb9a@news.povray.org:

> I've been working on a macro that takes a two dimensional array of floats
> and constructs a bicubic patchwork smooth surface from them. I would very
> much like to have others look it over for bugs or useability problems.
>
> Here's the link: http://will.thornhenge.net/bigpatch/. The download is a
> small zip file (under 10 k). There is also a little more info about the
> BigPatch macro on the web site.

Will,

I just had a very brief look at your bigPatch macro.

And I wonder if you forgot some parenthesis in these two
statements:

#local dX = toPt.x-fromPt.x/Cols;
#local dZ = toPt.z-fromPt.z/Rows;

I suspect that it should be like this:

#local dX = (toPt.x - fromPt.x)/Cols;
#local dZ = (toPt.z - fromPt.z)/Rows;

Note that the link you gave in the readme.txt file does
not work:

http://PovDolls.thornhenge.net/BigPatch/

If you are interested in getting an impression of how
(some) POV-people look at commercialized pov utilities,
then I recommend that you skim through this thread:

http://news.povray.org/povray.general/28215/

(It is quite long; 73 posts)

Tor Olav