POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Crazy signitures : Re: Crazy signitures Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:17:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Crazy signitures
From: Philippe Lhoste
Date: 1 Oct 2002 12:11:35
Message: <Xns929AB8C7A54PhiLho@204.213.191.226>
"Andrew Coppin" <orp### [at] btinternetcom> wrote in

> Just wondering... Several people here have signitures consisting of
> compacted POV-Ray code. Has anyone ever actually tried *running* this
> stuff?

I did, and actually I collect all these signatures in a file...

> I just did, was utterly unable to follow how the heck it works,
> but was highly impressed by the resulting graphics!

A good exercise is to format nicely these signatures, then to understand how
they work. Renaming variables may help :-)

> Just a thought...
> Andrew.

I believe the origin of such craziness is from "The International Obfuscated
C Code Contest" <http://www.ioccc.org/>
Now, most programming languages has some obfuscated code showing :-)
Even Perl, which is quite obfuscated in its natural state ;-)
See also the "Name that programming language" (approximate citation) from
the Off-Topic newsgroup.

> PS. I gotta get me one! :-|

Me too :-) I just have to start working on it, creating a short scene then
compressing it.

--
Philippe Lhoste (Paris -- France)