POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Spring-Algorithm : Re: Spring-Algorithm Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:25:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Spring-Algorithm
From: Philippe Lhoste
Date: 11 Sep 2002 11:02:09
Message: <Xns9286AD20D8396PhiLho@204.213.191.226>
Peter Popov <pet### [at] vipbg> wrote in

> Glad if I can help even a little. I've been wanting to do a more or
> less complete physics simulation engine for years now, and so far have
> not found the time. Seeing as how particle systems, cloth simulations,
> deformable bodies, IK systems and what not spring up every week or so
> really gladdens my heart - at least *someone* will do it :)

Made a tilt, I saved some links on physics simulation engines, in case I
wanted to program a game someday :-)

HyperMatter:
http://www.hypermatter.demon.co.uk/html/HyperMatter/hypermatter.htm
Seem to be available in DLL form only, so of little use for POV-Ray, unless
writing external programs generating POV-Ray scenes.

Particle System API: http://www.cs.unc.edu/~davemc/Particle/
Comes with source. Perhaps you can find some ideas.

Open Dynamics Engine: http://www.q12.org/ode/ode.html
It has quite a good reputation in game industry. Comes with sources.

OPCODE (Optimized Collision Detection):
http://www.codercorner.com/Opcode.htm
Probably out of topic, but it may be useful to somebody :-)

I hope it helps.

--
Philippe Lhoste (Paris -- France)