POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Extent of pov's abilities : Re: Extent of pov's abilities Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:17:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Extent of pov's abilities
From: Rafal 'Raf256' Maj
Date: 23 Jun 2002 03:26:28
Message: <Xns92365F8804E17raf256com@204.213.191.226>
"Dylan Martin" <ron### [at] sympaticoca> wrote in

> I'm using POV-ray 3.1g and I'm wondering if it can be used as a
> real-time rendering engine like OpenGL or Direct X?  Can somebody
> please help me if they know how.

Image quality of POV is much higher then OGL, but so is the render time.

It is possible to have even 30 fps in 1024x768, IF You would use several
computers each rendering some part of frame, and if the pre-trace
calculations would not be slow (radiosity,photons,parsing)