POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : car motion, calculus : Re: car motion, calculus Server Time
30 Jul 2024 12:19:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: car motion, calculus
From: Peter Popov
Date: 21 Jan 2000 04:30:53
Message: <XA2IOHAre1WO0nFwOuHvoQJskrdK@4ax.com>
On Tue, 20 Jan 2009 04:50:08 -0800, "cc" <coy### [at] fojarcom> wrote:

>Help?  Suggestions?   Is there a way to approximate these integrals w/o
>iteration?
>
>-Charles

Since I cannot be of great help with your calculus problems
(intergals? Ah yes, but that was two years ago :) ) myay I offer an
alternative solution? As I understand the problem, you don't want to
have to calculate all previous steps when doing an animation. Why
don't you use the file I/O directives to write the current state
(position, linear velocity etc.) of the car and then, in the next
frame, read it and continue your calculations from there? It is a
commonly used technique for doing non-predictable discrete
calculations such as modelling a particle system.

If I haven't understood your problem, please excuse me.

Peter Popov
pet### [at] usanet
ICQ: 15002700