POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Securing a POV file : Re: Securing a POV file Server Time
30 Jul 2024 08:25:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Securing a POV file
From: Glen Berry
Date: 26 Jun 2000 02:08:04
Message: <TfJWORMzLIh9uzPemN+7=JHz74b7@4ax.com>
On 29 May 2000 10:31:12 -0400, Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:

>  Btw, just for curiosity:
>  It might be possible in Windows to create a program that shows an
>image which can't be taken a snapshot of: Using DirectDraw to draw the image
>directly on screen.

I get a kick out of such thoughts.  :)

Being a photographer, I have read of many people trying to protect
their photos when displayed on their website. Sooner or later, someone
finds a way to defeat the computer screen-capture feature and they
assume their image is now secure.

Then someone simply photographs the monitor with a real camera to
capture the image, if they want it badly enough.   :)

Later,
Glen Berry

( Remove the "7" from 7no### [at] ezwvcom to email me. )