POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Lightcycle trail : Re: Lightcycle trail Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:34:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lightcycle trail
From: Mike Williams
Date: 8 Jan 2005 00:51:08
Message: <SQSn7JAqR33BFwVl@econym.demon.co.uk>
Wasn't it Carl who wrote:
>Now given a general array/path like the above I think it should be possible
>to write a macro that will generate the prism, however its proving to be
>alot harder then I think it should be.  Anyone here got an idea or some
>simple code that will do the above?

You might try using the SweepSpline.inc macro.

There's an example in my isosurface tutorial. (It doesn't use
isosurfaces, but it does something similar to what you can achieve with
isosurfaces that use spline functions.) The source, and Ingo's
makemesh.inc which it requires, can be downloaded from the bottom of the
page. <http://www.econym.demon.co.uk/isotut/more.htm>

In this case you'd set
Track   to be a linear spline describing the path of the lightcycle
Shape   to be a linear spline describing the prism cross section
Waist   to be a linear spline that returns a constant value

--
Mike Williams
Gentleman of Leisure