POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Perfect Antialiasing ??? : Re: Perfect Antialiasing ??? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:26:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Perfect Antialiasing ???
From: Dennis Clarke
Date: 22 Apr 2003 14:28:36
Message: <Pine.GSO.4.53.0304221425230.5704@blastwave>
On Tue, 22 Apr 2003, Andrew Coppin wrote:
>> +a0.0 +am2 +r10 should be pretty good.
>
>It's just taken me ten minutes to work out what that does... (AA threshold =
>0 = always supersample, method = 2, depth = 10, i.e., 100 rays per pixel.)
>There are some people out there with very impressive powers of recall!

  is that a gaussian function that is applied to calculate the anti-aliased
value of the pixel or simply the average of pixels within a 10 pixel radius.
Then again, are we talking a square of 10x10 and not a radius of 10 pixels?

>(From someone who has now MEMORISED the zillion-digit product key for my
>copy of Windows 2000 Advanced Server... what does that tell you???)

 I could once spout out the first 100 digits of pi.  At parties and such. I
 seem to remember spending a lot of time talking to plants in dark corners
 but then again, I am a Barclay ( see StarTrek ) clone.  :)

>> See you in a few years then... ;-)
>
>Depends on what you wanna render doesn't it? ;-)
>
>Andrew.

 Well .. I am gonna give it a try on a 10240x7680 pixel image.  Should take a
week or so and a gig of RAM.

Dennis