POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : POVRay and XML : Re: POVRay and XML Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:23:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POVRay and XML
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 3 Jan 2005 20:22:28
Message: <MPG.1c439b7129c65b07989ca3@news.povray.org>
In article <41d86f9a$1@news.povray.org>, dne### [at] sanrrcom says...
> Patrick Elliott wrote:
> > Ah, but the parser can be used the SDL to generate multiple objects, each
> > needing to be parsed as well.
>
> Erm, I wouldn't think so. I think when people unfamiliar with POV-Ray
> talk about "parsing", they're talking about basically understanding the
> tokens in the source and the syntactic interrelationships between them.

Well.. Yeah, but I am trying to describe 'why' it takes a lot of time.
Even tokenizing doesn't overcome the processing needs to build something
complex, it just means the parser is now running something closer to JIT
type stuff. Its still executing code that isn't 'part' of the actual
engine in the while loop, until it finally starts making pixels.

--
void main () {

    call functional_code()
  else