POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Isosurface problem. : Re: Isosurface problem. Server Time
30 Jul 2024 12:21:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Isosurface problem.
From: Mike Williams
Date: 15 Feb 2000 18:23:09
Message: <Cid3XCAW+Zq4Ewap@econym.demon.co.uk>
Wasn't it Simen Kvaal who wrote:
>The thought struck me too, but I have so little expirience with such things
>you know.
>
>There are several other things that I find odd, too. Such as: What's the
>difference between:
>
>    #declare Tooth = function { niceonehere }
>    isosurface { Tooth(x, y, z) }
>
>and
>
>    #declare Tooth = function { niceonehere }
>    isosurface { Tooth }

My experiments show that the first one defaults to method 2 and the
second to method 1.

>Another one:
>
>isosurface {
>        function {
>                Tooth(x, y, z) + 0*SomeDistortion(x, y, z)
>        }
>}
>versus:
>
>isosurface {
>        function {
>                Tooth(x, y, z) //+ 0*SomeDistortion(x, y, z)
>        }
>}
>
>(see my other post.)

Those both default to method 2,  but you didn't use that syntax in your
other post, you used

 isosurface {
        function {
                <expression> //+ (0.00*Noize)
        }
 }

which defaults to method 1 when the // is present. ("Noize" is undefined
in the version of Megapov I'm using (0.3)).

--
Mike Williams * ##
Gentleman of Leisure