POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : iso_csg.inc, #undef, and an array of functions : iso_csg.inc, #undef, and an array of functions Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:26:27 EDT (-0400)
  iso_csg.inc, #undef, and an array of functions
From: Mike Williams
Date: 28 Jul 2004 04:14:21
Message: <CTs8aFAK$1BBFwGc@econym.demon.co.uk>
Wasn't it Jim Charter who wrote:
>Using the iso_csg.inc  I was experimenting with the following.
>Basically I wanted to substitute iso_csg triangles for mesh elements
>which in this case I am getting from arrays ( Verts Faces ). I was
>getting what appeared to be memory errors.  That lead to the following
>script which is an attempt to bite off and process subsets of the mesh
>elements.  The error I am getting is on the attempt to load the array,
>IsoMeshArray, on the second pass.  The message is that I cannot redefine
>a function definition; that I must #undef it first.  But the #undef
>instructions are being exercised.  If, after you get done laughing,
>anyone could point to the problem, it would be very much appreciated.
>Thanks, Jim

That chunk of code ran without error (once I'd added a wodge of
#declares and #includes of stuff that it expected to find). I guess your
error might not be in this code. Perhaps some other part of your scene
outside this code fragment is inadvertently redeclaring IsoMeshArray.

Perhaps you could post a small complete scene that exhibits the problem,
rather than a code fragment that doesn't run stand-alone.

--
Mike Williams
Gentleman of Leisure