POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : splines : Re: splines Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:24:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: splines
From: Fidel viegas
Date: 24 Sep 2002 18:02:37
Message: <B9B69EA0.4F72%fidel.viegas@artrecognition.co.uk>
in article 3d90cc4c$1@news.povray.org, Dennis Miller at dhm### [at] attbicom
wrote on 24/9/02 9:32 pm:

> Would you be willing to share you program? Sounds like it might be very
> useful.

Hi Dennis, I will share the program when I finish it. I built it
intentionally to study splines and to generate povray code for me. That way
I can design the splines visually and export it as a prism or as a lathe. At
the moment, it isn't something special. So, I decided to write a real
application and I plan to extend it further and add bicubic patches as well.
But, I am learning the internals of curves and surfaces so that I can  take
it further.
I was thinking something similar to sPatch. Since I now use Mac mostly, I
can't use sPatch. So, I just write special purpose tools to aid my
understanding of povray internals visually.

As soon as I release it, I will alert the pov community since this
application will be specifically for povray.

Anyway, all the best

Fidel.