POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : splines : Re: splines Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:22:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: splines
From: Fidel viegas
Date: 24 Sep 2002 06:02:21
Message: <B9B5F5D1.4F12%fidel.viegas@artrecognition.co.uk>
Hi Mark,

Thanks for the info.

> There's also a "natural cubic spline" type that can't easily be converted
> to/from.

There is always a way around it. I haven't looked into it yet, but I am sure
that is a way of converting it to other types of splines and vice-versa,
even though it is hard.

>POV-Ray 3.5's "natural_spline" is a natural cubic spline.  The
> "cubic_spline" type is a Catmull-Rom spline.

I haven't looked into that.
 At the moment I am only using Hermite, Bezier and B-Splines. I'll look into
the others later. Mostly I use Bezier for almost everything, but I wanted to
learn how they work internally.

Once again, thanks very much.

Fidel.