POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Character Animation Libs? : Character Animation Libs? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:17:08 EDT (-0400)
  Character Animation Libs?
From: Lonnie Ezell
Date: 28 May 2001 11:14:55
Message: <B737D51B.256%kilishan@home.com>
Hi there,

I've been playing around with POV off-and-on for a couple of years, now, and
have decided to do my first major animation. I've looked around for the libs
I need, and had a few questions for the advanced users out there.

1) Are there any character animation libs out there for Mac or
cross-platform? If not, what does everyone recomend for this: IK, or
"keyframes" based upon arrays holding the positions of parts?

2) I've noticed there are several animation libs that are include-file
based. I've not used any of them, and was wondering what everyone's opinion
was on the best on to use for a complex animation (cartoonish).

3) Are there any "creature" libraries along the vein of BlobMan that could
be used to create fairly realistic looking humanoids? I cannot use BlobMan
because his liscense does not allow for modification and/or use in
commercial projects, if I read correctly.

Thanks in advance for everyone's help.
Lonnie