POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Problem concerning the use of array indices inside functions : Re: Problem concerning the use of array indices inside functions Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:37:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Problem concerning the use of array indices inside functions
From: ABX
Date: 2 May 2003 13:01:57
Message: <9l85bv8ci4arkvhob3qlc99fpcdvfr4b1j@4ax.com>
On Fri, 2 May 2003 18:46:31 +0200, "Jaap Frank" <jjf### [at] xs4allnl> wrote:
> I suppose that the modern processors have this possibility too, but that the
> way the arrays are reached in memory, this is already in use and we need
> now indirect indirect referencing or something like that to do this.

It seems you have mistaken something. POV-Ray Scene Description Language is not
low-level language. It does not base on architecture of processor (even if there
was 'architecture' topic in last POV related image contest :-). The design
describes what functions can do. AFAIK current design does not include run-time
operations on arrays just like it does not allow vectors, strings or objects
there.

ABX