POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Depth output from POVray : Re: Depth output from POVray Server Time
30 Jul 2024 10:12:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Depth output from POVray
From: Peter Popov
Date: 22 Sep 1999 04:25:50
Message: <7ZHoN30Y7JoT=URFG+w9p7XL5DM6@4ax.com>
On Tue, 21 Sep 1999 20:24:27 -0400, "TonyB"
<ben### [at] panamaphoenixnet> wrote:

>>A quick and dirty way is to place the whole scene in a union, give it
>>a white pigment, an ambient of 1 and diffuse 0, and use black fog to
>>dim the distant objects. Works quite well for me.
>

>And what do you use it for? How would using this improve my scenes?

You can use it as a selection in PSP, for example, apply gaussian blur
and have a cheap focal blur. Faster and smoother than POV's, though
not as accurate. Or you could desaturate the image with distance to
get a Rennaissance painting look. Such things.

Peter Popov
ICQ: 15002700