POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Lens flares without third party addons : Re: Lens flares without third party addons Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:27:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lens flares without third party addons
From: Peter Popov
Date: 29 Jul 2002 05:30:10
Message: <6m2akucpltthqdkqgkavh3hei1pksqi90e@4ax.com>
On Mon, 29 Jul 2002 10:29:51 +0200, "Simon Adameit" <gom### [at] gmxde>
wrote:

>Why do you have to use photons? Wouldn't it also work with simple specular
>highlights?

No.

For a more precise answer... think about it, why are we using photons
at all? If specular highlights and faked caustics were enough, there
would be no need of photons. Yet there is... I am sure Nathan Kopp,
and Hendrik van Jensen before that, didn't invest years in vain.

Peter Popov ICQ : 15002700
Personal e-mail : pet### [at] vipbg