POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Fast volume rendering : Re: Fast volume rendering Server Time
28 Oct 2024 04:49:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fast volume rendering
From: yesbird
Date: 23 Sep 2024 11:14:23
Message: <66f185cf$1@news.povray.org>
On 23/09/2024 17:21, Bald Eagle wrote:
> Or are you looking to find a way to render 3D volumes in POV-Ray faster than
> whatever methods you're currently using?
Yes, this one.
I see the following workflow:

User is playing with the scene using three.js and then by
clicking "Render" button (or by releasing the mouse button) sends an SDL
scene, generated on-the-fly, to the server, getting a rendered image.
(Assuming that 'df3' data is already on the server).

The main goal is to make this cycle as fast as possible, ideally
achieving near-real-time performance. I am investigating 'media' with
'df3' deeply now, maybe there are some hidden tricks and/or parameters
will help ...

General idea is building the bridge between the WebGL/WebXR (three.js)
and Povray for different applications, like this future  math-museum:
https://math.povlab.online/
(inspired by https://virtualmathmuseum.org/)

BTW, behind the povlab.online now 128 virtual cores of:
AMD EPYC 7763 64-Core Processor
CPU MHz         : 2599.927
YB