POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : user_defined camera intermittent / threshold rendering anomaly : Re: user_defined camera intermittent / threshold rendering anomaly Server Time
19 May 2024 02:59:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: user_defined camera intermittent / threshold rendering anomaly
From: William F Pokorny
Date: 2 Jan 2024 18:23:31
Message: <65949af3$1@news.povray.org>
On 1/2/24 14:27, Kenneth wrote:
> Well, the rendered image IS called "astigmatism.png". Maybe POV-ray's new
> artificial-intelligence engine is at work, digesting your code and comparing it
> to millions of human vision tests that it scraped for free from private medical
> records around the world. Then it responded accordingly. Check your messages
> pane, to see if the following is there:  "Hey, if this image looks blocky to
> you, you definitely have astigmatism! Everyone else sees a perfectly normal
> image."

:-)

On the actual issue, unsure.

Looks render block related. Does using a single thread (+wt1) make a
difference?

I vaguely recall setting all three directional components to 0 in a user
defined camera, renders black - or transparent if using +ua. However, I
didn't test my recollection.

Only other thought is that some apparent POV-Ray keywords are in fact
declared as identifiers (IDs) at start up(a). Two such identifiers are
'image_width' and 'image_height'. Keywords that are in fact IDs can be
whacked by users in their SDL.

Bill P.

(a) - Most such 'apparent keyword' IDs are animation related.