POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Applying noise to geometry : Applying noise to geometry Server Time
25 Apr 2024 23:00:15 EDT (-0400)
  Applying noise to geometry
From: yesbird
Date: 27 Feb 2023 13:32:57
Message: <63fcf759@news.povray.org>
Hi,
while working on Yes-project, I am trying to find the way of making
the objects less 'geometrical', giving them more natural and 'noisy'
shapes (like in this attachment, for example). The only way I found in
manual is to play with normals, but I'd like to have an influence on
geometry, to apply more relief.

It's possible to pass a noisy hi-res mesh from ZBrush, as I'm doing now,
but this is not 'pure' POV-way and import takes some 'non-zero' time.

Maybe anyone can advise something about such arbitrary geometry
modifications ?
Thanks in advance.
--
YB