POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Converting 2D screen coordinates to 3D : Re: Converting 2D screen coordinates to 3D Server Time
4 May 2024 15:40:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Converting 2D screen coordinates to 3D
From: kurtz le pirate
Date: 11 Feb 2023 06:45:09
Message: <63e77fc5$1@news.povray.org>
On 05/02/2023 05:20, Bald Eagle wrote:

> I'm trying to do a sort of rough photogrammetric conversion of points on the
> screen to true 3D coordinates with the same apparent position.

I'm not sure i understood everything, but i thought of this :
In the "screen.inc", there is a macro that converts a 3d position to a
2d position.

By analyzing how this macro works, it may be possible to do the opposite
or do a try/test loop to get 3d vector.

It's just an idea ...
I haven't tested it and i don't know if it's a possibility.

--
Kurtz le pirate
Compagnie de la Banquise