POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Microsoft Azure and POV-Ray : Microsoft Azure and POV-Ray Server Time
8 May 2024 11:25:40 EDT (-0400)
  Microsoft Azure and POV-Ray
From: Mike Horvath
Date: 25 Mar 2017 16:03:17
Message: <58d6cd05$1@news.povray.org>
Has anyone ever set up a Microsoft Azure virtual machine to run POV-Ray?

I am interested, and am wondering how hard it would be, as well as the
cost. I *think* you can just rend a virtual machine with Windows on it
and set up whatever programs you want. But do you have to pre-select how
many CPU cores you need, or does it scale automatically to whatever your
current load is?

How is the cost calculated? By the flop, or clock time?

Mike