POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Zooming orthographic camera : Re: Zooming orthographic camera Server Time
10 May 2024 17:07:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Zooming orthographic camera
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 6 Dec 2016 12:07:52
Message: <5846f068$1@news.povray.org>

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Camera_focal_length_distance_house_animation.gif

> Mike

I do not get it.

Bald Eagle talked about orthographic camera, a camera with parallel
rays, usually orthogonal to rendered image.

Mike Horvath showed an animation of a perspective camera with a zoom
using a transformation. Only frame 0 is orthographic.

If you want to have bigger details (bigger than the increase of final
resolution) at the center of the image, you can reduce the up & right
vectors of the orthographic.

Povray camera are not sensible to the final resolution: the same part of
"world" is to be seen, at 64x48, at 640x480 as well as 6400x4800.