POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Can I pay someone to add this from MegaPov? : Re: Can I pay someone to add this from MegaPov? Server Time
25 Apr 2024 21:20:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Can I pay someone to add this from MegaPov?
From: clipka
Date: 31 Oct 2016 06:38:45
Message: <58171f35$1@news.povray.org>
Am 31.10.2016 um 00:16 schrieb [GDS|Entropy] in povray.advanced-users:

> I was wondering (hoping) that I could pay someone to add Glows to UberPov,
> and include enough implementation info via comments or whatever that
> whoever in the future could easily forward this to the next version when 4
> comes out. If you are interested Clipka, even better. ;-)

I've just noticed to my surprise that you're apparently not the guy who
had requested the very same MegaPOV feature just a few weeks ago on the
povray.macintosh newsgroup, so I've decided to use this occasion for a
shameless plug or two:

While I love working on POV-Ray and UberPOV as a hobby, and will quite
certainly continue to do so no matter what I get out of it, I'm not
above taking donations that allow me to spend more time on this hobby --
nor am I above taking bribes to prioritize my ToDo list.

So to anyone wishing to back up Ian's (aka GDS|Entropy) motion to get
the MegaPOV "glow" feature implemented in UberPOV ASAP, feel free to
place a bounty on the corresponding GitHub issue via Bountysource:

https://www.bountysource.com/issues/38809617-port-megapov-s-glow-feature-to-uberpov

In related news, anyone inclined to send some round tuits my way for
general POV-Ray and UberPOV development is happily invited to take a
look at https://salt.bountysource.com/teams/uberpov.