POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : A bunch of feature requests! : Re: A bunch of feature requests! Server Time
1 Jun 2024 03:01:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A bunch of feature requests!
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 23 Jun 2010 12:18:17
Message: <4c2233c9@news.povray.org>
On 23.06.10 01:11, SharkD wrote:
> On 6/21/2010 4:09 PM, Chris Cason wrote:
>> Also, it would help us a bit if closely-related feature requests were
>> grouped together; e.g. the recent requests for Windows UI enhancements
>> with
>> respect to the editor could reasonably have been put into a single
>> request
>> (all at once or via editing a bug later).
>
> No, as per the bug reporting instructions which say, "Only report one
> bug or request one feature per task."

You know whom you are talking to, don't you? - This reminds me of my
favourite quote: "The ability to speak does not make you intelligent."
I wonder if this also applies to writing? Hmm...

Anyhow, here is how you could have summarized feature requests 138, 139 and
140 in a single report. It is really easy, I am sure next time you can
follow these instructions:

1. Power up brain.
2. Wait for brain to boot.
3. Enable ability to think.
4. Think about the features "Rename file", "Delete file", "Reload file".
5. Make sure brain concludes the features belong in the "File" menu.
6. Think about the "File" menu and conclude it groups file functions.
7. Think about feature request to extend the "File" menu.
8. Make sure to name "Rename", "Delete" and "Reload" possible extensions.
9. Let brain command body to type and submit feature request.
10. Disable ability to think.
11. Power down brain.
12. Wait for brain to power down.
13. Return to normal zombie activities.