POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : A bunch of feature requests! : Re: A bunch of feature requests! Server Time
13 Jun 2024 06:52:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A bunch of feature requests!
From: Chris Cason
Date: 21 Jun 2010 16:09:44
Message: <4c1fc708$1@news.povray.org>
I'd like to throw my 10c in here WRT to this thread (which is getting a
little long so I won't attempt to cover all the issues).

The way the bugtracker works with regard to 'closed' bugs isn't easily
altered (in that they don't turn up in searches by default). I will attempt
to rectify this later.

Comments on closed bugs were previously not available; they are now -
hopefully this will allow easier feedback.

When reporting a bug or making a feature request please try to be detailed
and especially include platform and version details.

Also, it would help us a bit if closely-related feature requests were
grouped together; e.g. the recent requests for Windows UI enhancements with
respect to the editor could reasonably have been put into a single request
(all at once or via editing a bug later).

Before posting a feature or bug request, it might be useful to sound it out
with other users first. This doesn't mean you have to run it by us, but
getting other user's feedback can help improve the quality of the requests
we get. This isn't a hard and fast rule, it's just a suggestion.

Please keep in mind that we (like most open-source projects) are
under-manned so doing things in such a way as to make it easier for us to
track helps. The bugtracker is of course there for that reason, but as I've
pointed out it's important to make the reports as useful for us as
reasonably possible. Higher quality reports == more chance we'll pay close
attention.

-- Chris