POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : A bunch of feature requests! : Re: A bunch of feature requests! Server Time
1 Jun 2024 05:14:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A bunch of feature requests!
From: Warp
Date: 21 Jun 2010 13:16:31
Message: <4c1f9e6f@news.povray.org>

> >> Not sure where you read isosurfaces are faster than CSG. Oh well :-(
> >
> >    "the probable assumption that a high quality mesh would be faster to
> > generate and then render compared to a native object (i.e. an isosurface)
> > is incorrect."
> >
> >    If you claim that rendering an isosurface is faster than generating a
> > mesh from it and then rendering it, you are also implying that rendering
> > an isosurface is faster than rendering a (complex) CSG because there are
> > cases where meshes are faster to render than CSG. If meshes are faster than
> > CSG and isosurfaces are faster than meshes, it logically follows that
> > isosurfaces are faster than CSG.

> A very interesting conjecture. However, I have a real life, so you will have
> to discuss your conjecture with someone else.

  I wonder if this will be a permanent pattern from this time forward:
Every time you make a post and I respond to it, you see me attacking you,
regardless of what my intentions truly are and what the topic in question
is, and when I try to explain myself, you invariable resort to some kind
of meta-discussion instead of discussing about the relevant subject at hand.

--
                                                          - Warp