POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : A bunch of feature requests! : Re: A bunch of feature requests! Server Time
26 Apr 2024 20:15:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A bunch of feature requests!
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 20 Jun 2010 03:34:58
Message: <4c1dc4a2$1@news.povray.org>
"SharkD" <pos### [at] gmailcom> schreef in bericht
> Here's a list if you don't want to do the search:
>
> Master scene unit system variable
> Set and get font metrics
> Add "POV-Ray" metatags to images
> Table of Contents in each page of the docs
***> More library paths, wildcards
> Option to render pixels randomly, or in Nth pixel
> #ELSEIF statement
***> variable number of parameters in macros
***> System variable to track whether a file has been included
***> Explicit #RETURN statement inside macros
> Expandable arrays
> Mixed-type arrays
> Hash arrays
***> Ability to change the order of editor tabs by dragging them
> Native support for mesh-based surface approximations
***> Subdivision support
> INI option to overlay render information on output image
***> Right-click menu when clicking on editor tab
> String concatenation operator
> atand function
***> "Rename" option in File menu

> I'd like to see some thoughts/comments on these requests.

I suppose I second this list although I am not sure what all requests can
do. I certainly would like more library paths or the possibility to use
wildcards there, for instance. I put *** by those I particularly like.

Thomas