POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Fishtail math ><}}}*> : Re: Fishtail math ><}}}*> Server Time
30 Jul 2024 14:16:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fishtail math ><}}}*>
From: Peter Popov
Date: 19 Nov 1999 19:04:52
Message: <4OM1ONJO3=BUzyt4OW6oH853Ryf2@4ax.com>
On 19 Nov 1999 17:52:36 -0500, ing### [at] homenl (ingo) wrote:

>No, I'm afraid that's not what I'm looking for. What I expected to see is
>the spheres arranged in a arc, about one quarter of a circle.
>
>mmm, all spheres end up on a circle, the length of the arcsegment between
>two spheres is known (1 in this case). The angle between the two vectors

>circle will always go through the origin, where the first sphere is.
>With this, I think the radius and centerposition of the circle can be
>calculated. Once this circle is known, take the distance frome any sphere
>on the x-axis to the origin. Take an arcsegment of the circle with the same
>length and put the sphere there.
>Would it work? I'll sleep over this and try if I can figure it out
>tomorrow.
>
>Thanks Peter for your effort.
>
>Ingo

I got your intentions wrong. This should do what you want, as
described in your original post.

#declare Pos=array[11]

#declare i=0;
#while (i<11) #declare Pos[i]=<i,0,0>; #declare i=i+1; #end

#declare i=0;
#while (i<10)
  #declare j=i+1;
  #while (j<11)
    #declare Pos[i]=
    vrotate((Pos[j]-Pos[i]),<0,0,10*clock>)+Pos[i];
    #declare j=j+1;
  #end
  #declare i=i+1;
#end

If it doesn't, I'll look at it tomorrow.

Peter Popov
ICQ: 15002700