POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Frustrating Sphere Sweep Artifacts : Re: Frustrating Sphere Sweep Artifacts Server Time
28 Jul 2024 10:23:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Frustrating Sphere Sweep Artifacts
From: Alain
Date: 15 May 2006 20:07:33
Message: <446917c5$1@news.povray.org>
Mike nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 14/05/2006 14:19:
> hi, I keep getting little artifacts when rendering long sphere sweeps. Any
> ideas/suggestions?
>
> Shorter sphere sweep w/no artifacts:
> http://www.mydis.org/wp-uploads/y.png
>
> Longer sphere sweep w/artifacts:
> http://www.mydis.org/wp-uploads/y4.png
>
> All input greatly appreciated!
>
> -mike

First time I see artefacts OUTSIDE the sweep! Normaly, you get dark artefacts ON the
surface of the
sweep. It looks like they are even outside the bounding box, very strange.
Can you post the source on povray.binaries.scene-files so that peoples can look at it,
and maybe
find the problem.

--
Alain
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.