POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Sandstone blocks : Re: Sandstone blocks Server Time
7 Aug 2024 15:19:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Sandstone blocks
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 3 May 2006 08:48:52
Message: <4458a6b4@news.povray.org>
"PM 2Ring" <nomail@nomail> schreef in bericht
news:web.445621421843be3376ba2c900@news.povray.org...

> Yes, I was expecting you to be an expert in sedimentary rocks, from your
> location. I guess you're attracted to more exotic geography. :)

Well yes, I do certainly. But that said, the soft rock geology we have here
can be very complex too and poses a lot of challenges. However, the main
problem is that you have to do most work from boreholes, and I miss those
beautiful outcrops sometimes....

> There's a big tunnel being built here at the moment and my route to work
> lets me see most of the constructions. So I've seen plenty of freshly
> exposed sandstone lately. Some of the pieces have been beautiful.

Oh dear! Temptation! Temptation!  :-)

Thomas