POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Pause : Re: Pause Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:21:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pause
From: Warp
Date: 29 Apr 2006 21:24:09
Message: <445411b8@news.povray.org>
> >   SIGKILL should basically never be used because it's "too strong", only
> > when no other options work.

> Isn't that the one the kernel sends during shutdown?

  Well, during shutdown the kernel first sends SIGTERM to all running
processes, after which it sends SIGKILL to the remaining. I suppose in
most cases there aren't any processes running after the former (at least
if all processes are bug-free and behave correctly) but it's a good way
to make sure that all processes are truely terminated before shutdown.

--
                                                          - Warp